Directorate of Internal Quality Assurance (DIQA)
Director: Prof. Fayaz Ahmad
- To safeguard the standards and improve the culture of quality to a heightened level of coherence and clarity with focus on institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- Augmentation of quality, both academic and administrative, the elucidate constituent of higher education through amalgamation of self and external quality evaluation, promotion, dynamicism and sustenance initiatives.
- To conduct peer reviews in order to stimulate academic environment of teaching-learning and research to foster and espouse the global competence.
- To aggrandize collaboration with global institutions for undertaking quality related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
- To vouchsafe a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
· To divulge trustworthy and reliable information to its stake holders.
· To hearken and acknowledge to, students' views about quality.
· Robust and reliable use of external examining, to act as a change agent in the institution.
Under the chairmanship of Vice-Chancellor, DIQA is guided by the Advisory Committee, constituted as per the NAAC recommendation. The Committee helps to generate and promote awareness as well as work out procedural details for bringing in qualitative changes in teaching-learning, research and administrative setup as well as in planning and development of DIQA. It also guides in creating methodological framework for evaluation and promotion of the activities of faculty and administration.
Networking of DIQA at Departmental level (DIQAU):
To give representative character for effective monitoring, management, organization and assessment, each Department/ Centre /Satellite Campus /Administration /Examination, etc elects one of their teacher /officer as Nodal Officer as the main functionary of the Department to coordinate with DIQA activities. Each such Department / Centre, etc. has a unit called Departmental Internal Quality Assurance Unit, DIQAU that plays a pivotal role in implementing policies for quality enhancement. Each DIQAU has maximum of seven members consisting of Nodal Officer, 3 faculty members, one representative each of scholars and students working under the chairmanship of HOD/Director. It helps in organizing academic and extracurricular programmes, extension lectures, workshops, seminars, etc. and encourages younger scholars and students to promote and adopt sustainable initiatives for value based quality education. The Nodal Officer establishes coordination among all stakeholders like students, scholars, faculty, administration, etc for promotion and management of quality education.
The plan of action chalked out by the DIQA in the beginning of the year towards quality enhancement and the outcome achieved by the end of the
Plans for 2015:
- To enhance the domain of online submission of AQAR format so that it will cover all sections / units of the University.
- To access the teaching pedagogy of the faculties from the feedback of students for their bestow.
- To achieve tangible results in a perspective plan.
- To establish procedures and modalities for institutional and academic efficiency and excellence on the basis of quality bench marks /parameters.
- To speed up the process of direct recruitment promotions and promotions CAS of teaching faculty.
- To establish an innovative grievance mechanism cell wherein the Vice-chancellor shall listen to the problems of various sectors by inviting few representatives and senior officers of the university on the nature of brain-storming sessions, which reflect on various issues related to the administrative, academic and financial management of the University
- To increase the Infrastructural facilities at the Institute
- To Strengthen the existing International MOUs and entering into newer MOUs.
- To Develop International Linkages and tie-ups for exchange of Faculty and Students.
To Focus on Faculty and Staff Development.
- To over look the Quality improvements wherever possible in Administration, Examinations and other Processes
- To Upgrade the DIQA Web Portal to an extent so that it may behave as massive open online course and source for all its stake holders.
- To Work towards other National / Global accreditations and rankings as a quality assurance measure.